SCREENING - MENTEE IS GUIDED BY PARENT/GUARDIAN TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION
Future mentee and their parent or guardian must consent to the following
1. Child/protégé’ s participation in the mentoring program.
2. Comply to the parents or guardians roles and responsibilities.
3. Mentee applicant and their parent or guardian must respect the mentoring program’s Code of Conduct.
4. Follow the Role and Responsibilities assigned to each.
5. Mentees must stay in the program for the duration of the mentoring session, except when unforeseen events occur.
6. Mentee applicant and their parent or guardian must submit an online mentee application.
SCREENING - FOLLOW UP CONVERSATION WITH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
1.A program coordinator will contact mentee applicant and their parent or guardian for a follow up conversation.
2.The follow up conversation will serve to collect additional information regarding applicant’ interests and goals.
3.The application and phone conversation information will be used to identify mentors that match a mentee’s interests.
SCREENING - APPLICATION DECISION
1. Mentee applicant and their parent or guardian will be notified of their acceptance via email.
If accepted, applicants will receive a username and a password to create an online profile.
2. Approved mentees have access to trainings, tutorials, webinars, Videos-On- Demand, etc.
If not accepted, the notification will include a justification. If applicable, mentee applicants and their parent or guardian may take corrective actions.
APPROVED MENTEE - REQUIRED TO ATTEND ONLINE ORIENTATION
1. Mentees and their parent or guardian will receive an invitation to attend a mandatory online orientation video meeting.
2. During the orientation, future mentees will receive information about the program requirements.
APPROVED MENTEE - SELECT A MENTOR
1. Mentees and their parent or guardian will receive a list of mentors that match mentee’s profile.
2. Mentee and their parent or guardian must select one mentor from the pool.
3. Mentee will send a solicitation request to their chosen mentor.
4. Solicited mentor will respond to mentee’s solicitation.
5. If mentee and mentor agree, their mentoring relationship will begin.
IN-SESSION MENTORING RELATIONSHIP
1.During the mentoring session, mentees are required to work with their mentor and follow the program requirements.
2.Program coordinators will send reminders and notifications as needed.
3.Program coordinators will be available for support as needed.
END CURRENT MENTORING SESSION - MENTEE EXIT FROM CURRENT MENTORING SESSION
1. Mentee will fill out surveys to provide feedback about the mentoring session.
2. Exit interview: Mentee will have a video meeting with one of our program coordinators.
3. Mentee will receive a recognition certificate for having successfully completed the mentoring session.